Monday, August 23, 2010

A KNOT not tied .....


A knot not tied...... :(

Today is a day when a KNOT means a lot to all Bro's ........ Still I see my hands devoid of the resham dor......... Its been 3 yrs I have been away from my Home on this auspicious day where my sister misses me the whole day for her gifts and a thread in her hand called Rakhi.... A Knot not tied.....

Even in this digital age, i receive an Indian POST with Gandhi stamp which carries far more importance to my sisters back home than I can actually imagine.... Each cousin has to send a Rakhi of their own.... Though I know I won't tie myself more than one..... Still feels so happy to see those 4 letter post with a Mahatma stamp to entitle the feeling of MY DESH.... In the time of emails, pings, chats, voice mails, SMS....... My mom still ask my sister to write a few lines in that letter as it is a Shagun to send a letter with rakhi in the post...... Feels emotional every time I receive these letters from back home and reading them makes you feel NOSTALGIC...

My sisters still remembers me and ask me the same old DAIRY MILK (Off-course the best version available in market now :) ) which I have been getting from so many years now on this day......

What a Day back home in India...... A public holiday..... A Sister's pocket money day.... A Sweet shopkeeper's weighing Day....A day I am missing all back home .... To top it all have to work in office for 13 hours..........

Wish u all a Very special Rakhi......

Miss U sis !!!

Bhai

2 comments:

  1. Bhai miss u a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!! emotional kar diya aapne to....its so real its so true it is really hurt touching....dont worry bhai our relation is much more then a resham ka dore...will stand by you forever....Rakhi is just an occasion to express feelings but we dont need any occasion cuz i know u r always there to protect me n tats t reason i stand without any fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true, sent Rakhi to my brother too in U.S and he was so happy to receive it.
    y mom still ask my sister to write a few lines in that letter as it is a Shagun to send a letter with rakhi in the post.....the same with my mom :) I thought only my mom thinks like that :)

    ReplyDelete